Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Better Than Sex?

Oohh!
Yeah!
Hot!
The balls, yes the balls.
B.T.S! (Better-Than-Sex) Atleast for me.
Takoyaki. My soul food slash comfort food. Why? I don't know. It's yummy. Most of the people I know hate it. Why?

"yuck"
"Gross"
"Kadiri ka"
"Parang Hilaw!" (uncooked?)
"anu yan?" (what's that?)

Takoyaki is a Japanese street food. Imagine toknene (quail egg with an orange batter) only softer , filled with some veggies, squid, and I don't know what in earth is there that made it so good. Infact, it is healthier than our local toknene.

Yuck? It's never yucky. It is just different. Not the usual balls that we eat. (the edible one)
Parang Hilaw? (uncooked?) No it's not! Yes it may look and taste hilaw but it is so well cooked. It is so tender like Mr. Bottle's lips.

Memory lane:

I first tasted it when I was around 7yr.s old. My mom would usually bring me to SM North Edsa to do some shopping. She would always pass-by to this small kiosk named Samurai Food. Thank God for my mom, she introduced me to Takoyaki (or what she calls Samurai Balls).

If you happen to visit the Night Bazaar in A.Venue, there's a booth there where you could get a good Takoyaki. A must try.

Got a call..

1 comment:

bRownButiKi said...

takuyaki... uhmmmm!!! paolo's favorite too, but i hate it